Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't Be AMERICAN IDLE!

With three months into this year of 2010 I'm writing this as a reminder for ourselves not to be idle.
It's far too easy, myself included to get into a comfortable rut and trudge along waiting by the phone for that inevitable call to hire us for a gig. Instead we have to remain steadfast in never giving up, making the awkward cold calls, submitting the resumes, networking at various functions, whatever it takes to move us forward with our goals, dreams, and success.

I've learned that if you have aspects of a career in the biz but not moving forward, MOVE because you are in the way for the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. I try to hit the ground running and you're right...if you don't move I'll have no problem running you over to get to where I need to go.

    I'll be polite about it of course. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I just discovered your blog (very inspiring) after your company name appeared on Inktip. Apparantly my screenplay, "My Own Demons", came up on a search you made. So I'm taking your advice right now... please consider my project. I'd love to get your feedback. Thanks, and here's wishing us both much success in 2011.

    ReplyDelete